An ongoing discussion of politics, law, pop culture, and fine draperies.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Another trip into my recent blog nostalgia trip ... oh, how things have changed in ... two weeks.


Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Toughest Video Game I ever Watched

Geee Creiminee

I guess I need to credit Greg, avid
Pistons fan and Lutheran contrarian, with leading me to this. You bastard!

A few thoughts, some of which I already imparted to my men in Fort Wayne:

1. This is generally, truly inspired and brilliant. I wish I knew how the videographer was able to choose when to hit a foul to left vs. a single up the middle v. an error by, ohh, say the first baseman. Then again, I dont need to know. I believe in the purity of
RBI Baseball. and I dont think I want to know anything that would cause me to question the integrity of the game.

2. Specific note My highest filmmaking praise stems from the graphic, about 2 minutes in, awarding the Series MVP to
Marty Barrett. Farking genius! By the way, Marty Barrett, proud son of Las Vegas the only man in playoff history to tally five hits in a game.

3. I can't believe I watched this whole video. I actually had to pause it with a 2-2 count on Mookie, knight on 2nd, tied 5-5. Before the previous, infamous pitch, with Knight on first and Mitchell on third, I actually had to ask myself, "Wait ... how does Knight score from first on a slow roller through Buckner's legs ..."

I don't know if I forgot the Stanley wild pitch out of an emotional block-out or what.

Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home